BANANA & DATE MUFFINS
These muffins are a huge hit at Ottilie Yoga Brunch and for anyone who adores banana bread.
Taken from 'IT'S ALL GOOD' by Gwyneth Paltrow and Julie Turshen, this recipe gives you the sweetness from the dates, helps use overripe bananas and doesn't compromise on health, flavour or texture.
Makes 12 muffins
280g gluten free self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp bicarb of soda
1 pinch of salt
2 ripe banana mashed
115ml olive oil
115ml maple syrup
150ml unsweetened almond milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
15 dates chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180oc
2. Line muffin trays with cupcake cases
3. Start by mixing the dry ingredients together- flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt.
4. Blend together the bananas, olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla and almond milk.
5. Whisk together the wet and dry mixtures and add the dates.
6. Fill the cupcake cases with the mixture to around halfway up the cases.
7. Bake for around 12 minutes until risen and firm.
Dates - healthy sugar alternative, packed with fibre
Bananas - regulates nerve function with the potassium, contain vitamin C & B6 - good for skin elasticity and radiance.